Please note that the development schedule is subject to change due to demand and available resources. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
||Estimated Date of Publication
|Brady's Gallery||$50.00||Available on one CD-ROM||Early 2005|
DCB Software uses the Carr's Compendiums website not only to sell our products and services, but also to prototype, test and refine new designs and content styles. We appreciate your patience and understanding as sometimes these endevours don't quite turn out as we expected.
- Vietnam Pacification Studies #2 Table of Contents pages.
- U.S. Army Lessons Learned and Combat After-Action Reports #1 Table of Contents pages.
- U.S. Naval Forces, Vietnam Monthly Historical Summaries: 1965-1973 Table of Contents pages.
- Add further content samples to the Online Resources page.
- Update Development page to include website, content acquisition and application development efforts.
- Prototype of Carr's Compendium of the Vietnam War Index.
- Study feasibility of offering for sale, customized discs of individual documents.
- Add RSS feeds to website.
- Increase the catalog of Carr's Compendium of the Vietnam War collections and titles.
- Develop indices of keywords for all documents. Starting at the document level and eventually proceeding to page level indexing.
- Develop "light", less expensive PDF-only versions of each title. In addition, offer individual custom CD-ROMs of customer selected PDF documents.
- Improve the image quality of the documents by obtaining 1st generation copies of the originals.
- Launch a document declassification initiative. Many Vietnam War era documents are still restricted or classified.
- Acquire and scan Vietnam War era and American Civil War maps.
- Add an index/keyword function to the viewer.
- Consider the option of replacing the reader's general web browser with a Carr's Compendium specific viewer based on the Open Source Gecko/Mozilla code. This would add enhanced functionality and performance but increase the risks associated with installing an application to the user's computer.
- Continue to document and refine the document republishing process.
- Increase Carr's Compendiums direct marketing efforts. Continue to focus on organizations (Libraries, schools, military and veterans).
- Develop and market "light", less expensive PDF-only versions of each title. In addition, offer individual custom CD-ROMs of customer selected PDF documents.
- Develop and offer DCB Software's document scanning and management services based on what we have learned developing Carr's Compendiums.
- Develop and offer DCB Software's republishing technology and services to organizations that have their own content they would like to sell or distribute.
Return to top of page
Last Change: 18 October 2004
Supporting and advocating simple solutions and open standards.
Copyright © 2003-2004 DCB Software Testing, Inc.